The Alameda County Early Care & Education Planning Council advises and makes recommendations to policymakers to ensure that all children and families have access to quality child care that educates children and enriches their lives.
The vision of the Alameda County Early Care & Education Planning Council is to be a guiding force for excellence in the care and education of all children and to be regularly sought out for our expertise by local, state and national decision makers.
The Alameda County Early Care & Education Planning Council values:
- Advocacy and public policy activism for all children, families, providers and communities
- Ongoing and consistent emphasis on children's overall needs, inclusive of all domains of development
- Quality early care and education for al children in a variety of settings
- Building collaborations and partnerships between families, providers and community resources
- Resource development and dissemination of information
- The development and implementation of cultural competency to meet the needs of our diverse communities